A few retailers already announced that the HTC One smartphone will be coming to them. You can preorder the monster device from their respective pages. HTC’s One can be preordered for as low as 459 GBP SIM-Free.
You can get the new smartphone from HTC via Phones4U (459 GBP), Clove UK (510 GBP) or Expansys (519 GBP). If you are not sure about it, then as a small comparison, the Sony Xperia Z can be bought at Expansys for 549 GBP, making the HTC alternative quite a bit cheaper.
Those of us living in North America can expect a price tag of roughly $600 for the unlocked version of the device, with locked variants being most likely around the $200-$300 mark. Note though, that this is just speculation on my part.
HTC’s One comes with an excellent lineup as far as specifications go:
- 4.7-inch display at 1920 x 1080 pixels at 468 ppi density
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor at 1.7 GHz per core
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of built-in storage capacity, no micro-SD card slot
- Full 1080p camera on the back with front-facing camera as well
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC, DLNA, MHL
- Android 4.1.2 with Sense 5.0 UI
For this amount of money to get this much value, the HTC One is bound to snag some of that market share. However, the $600+ price tag might make it a touch too expensive for some users out there. Will you be getting the new HTC One SIM-free in the UK?